- the courtyard
- the busts
- the façade
The prestigious Luraschi Palace is situated at the beginning of Corso Buenos Aires, in the area where the famous Lazzaretto narrated in Alessandro Manzoni’s Promessi Sposi was.
In 1887 the construction of the building began, and. maybe feeling guilty for the loss of such an important building, engineer Luraschi decided to reuse four columns of the deceased Lazzaretto and to accommodate, within the courtyard of the building, twelve busts representing the characters of the Promessi Sposi. In memory of the hours spent studying the adventures of Renzo and Lucia, a visit to this wonderful courtyard is due!
Wikipedia: Palazzo Luraschi